- Home of the Neotropical Bird Club. They publish their journal "Cotinga" on South American birds already for many years and the very readable magazine Neotropical Birding.
- The BirdLife Community. The BirdLife Community has daily news stories from the frontline of conservation. And Birdlife (with partners all over the world, Stinasu in Suriname for instance) supports many initiatives for the protection of birds. In Suriname, 13 Important Bird Areas were recently identified to help conservation and get public attention. A download (pdf) is available of the areas in Suriname
- Extensive survey of bird links.
- Where to go birding, with birding hotspots over the world
- Birding on the web by Jack Siler
- Bird Photos from French Guiana by Michel Giraud-Audine
- Plants of the Sipaliwini savanna by Feddo Oldenburger & Reinoud Norde. Nicely illustrated and interesting descriptions especially of this important savanna.
- A Survey of pages on Suriname with illustrations
by Marlon Romeo
Ecotourism in Suriname